24/7 Help Line: 1-517-439-1454 or 1-888-439-1454
* If you are in immediate danger dial 911
Hours: 20 hours per week
Duties and specific tasks: Advocate for victims of domestic violence in their contacts with the legal system and
other agencies. Help victims of domestic and sexual violence fill out personal protection orders. Provide information
about the criminal justice systems and other community resources and make appropriate referrals. Accompany DV
victims to court hearings. Complete all necessary reports to fulfill grant requirements. Assist Executive Director with
STOP Partner meetings. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Minimum requirements: Prefer some college; knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and successful
completion of required training, working knowledge of the criminal justice system and ability to communicate
effectively in a professional manner, concern for domestic violence victims, ability to relate well to persons in crisis,
computer skills are a necessity.
Hours: 40 hours per week, some evenings and weekends required
• Provide supportive counseling/advocacy to victims of domestic/sexual violence and their children.
• Organize, supervise, and develop activities for children of clients; assist mothers individually with parenting
• Responsible for agency Christmas Program.
• Provide occasional coverage for volunteer shortages, evenings, Holidays and weekends as necessary.
• Keep service statistics as required by funders, write reports of all client interactions.
• Other tasks as assigned by Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Psychology preferred or in process of working towards Bachelor’s degree
in appropriate field.
• Experience with domestic violence victims, sexual assault victims, working with children and parents;
knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence; successful completion of required training; concern for
victims of domestic violence and their children.
• Ability to work well with child and adults survivors in a supportive, caring way.
• Proficient with data entry.
*Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
****No phone calls please
**Domestic Harmony is an equal-opportunity employer, which supports and subscribes to a policy of non-discrimination in all aspects of employment and participation in program services. Domestic Harmony prohibits any unlawful discrimination because of age, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, weight, height, gender, sexual orientation, family status or physical challenge in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1977, prohibiting discriminatory practices, policies and customs.